COVID Updates For Community Education:
Rochester Public Schools will be continuing the Distance Learning through June 5.
Community Education is working on on innovative ways to deliver our quality enrichment opportunities with web based programs. We will email past participants with information as it becomes available. Office staff will continue to work from home, so email and detailed messages are still the best route to get any questions answered.
CHILD CARE (April 28-June 5, weekdays)
The District will continue emergency child care for Tier 1 and Tier 2 emergency workers, including essential Rochester Public Schools staff.
- Care for school-age children age 12 and under will be available at two sites beginning Monday, April 27:
- Franklin Elementary for students who attend Bamber, Franklin/MAF, Longfellow, Pinewood, Folwell, Jefferson, Lincoln, Riverside
- Sunset Terrace Elementary for students who attend Bishop, Elton Hills, Sunset, Washington, Churchill, Gage, Gibbs, Hoover
- All participants must register weekly during this period, even those who participated during the previous period.
- Registration is available online. You will find registration forms, posted on a weekly basis, on the right-hand side of the District’s COVID-19 page.
- Participants must be fever free, must not have had direct exposure in the last fourteen days to an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, and must not have traveled themselves in the last fourteen days to a country with a Level III Travel Health Notice by the Centers for Disease Control.
- All Early Childhood classes continue to run using a distance learning model.
- ECFE/PAiiR classes are still available for registration.
- If you have questions about registration or would like to drop from your spring class, please contact the PAiiR Office at 328-4020. Please leave your name and phone number and we will return your call within 24 hours.
CE In person Enrichment classes and Facility Rentals are cancelled June 5, 2020.
- Classes that meet once during this time frame will receive a full refund.
- Classes that meet multiple times may receive prorated refunds for the sessions that are missed.
- Partial refunds will be processed after more information is known about the number of sessions missed.
CE Online Enrichment ClassesAdult Enrichment
- We are adding new classes every day. The easiest way to find these classes is to utilize this page. Search for "Online" or go here.
- Adult Enrichment will use Zoom for classes. You will receive confirmation of your registration. 2 days prior to the start of that class you will receive a class reminder email that will include the Zoom Link as well as the password for your class.
- Zoom is free and makes attending the online classes relatively easy. Even if you don’t have a smart device, you can attend with a phone. Resources for you to prepare for you Zoom Class can be found by reading this PDF and visiting the "Getting Started" Zoom Tutorials page.
- Working with our partners we are offering online opportunities for the remainder of the spring. We will continue to use Skylert School Messenger to reach our families.
- We are planning to have some fun new ideas coming your way. Watch your emails!
Browse our current early childhood, youth and adult course offerings. When you find the class you want to register for, add it to your cart and then create an account profile.
We realize some of our Excursion Participants prefer a downloaded PDF to look at the upcoming Excursions. To see the PDF click on the image to the left. We recommend browsing online for the most current and updated information here on Eleyo. You may find this by following Explore All Programs, Courses, Adult Enrichment, Trips/Effortless Excursions.